Emergency Loans are funds that you can receive when you need to cover unexpected expenses, like a medical bill or a car repair. There are many types of loans that you can get quickly when you find yourself in an unforeseen financial situation, such as Payday Loans, Installment Loans, and Title Loans. Learn more about the types and benefits of Emergency Loans to decide which loan can best help you cover your costs. Already have an account? Login.
The Advance America Emergency Loan advantage
Read Customer Reviews
See All Locations
What are Emergency Loans and how do they work?
Emergency Loans are fast cash Loans that can help you cover essential and emergency expenses. After applying for an Emergency Loan, borrowers can receive the funds they need as soon as that same day. Advance America offers a variety of Emergency Loans, including Payday Loans, Installment Loans, Title Loans, and Lines of Credit.
Start your Emergency Loan application now or apply in store.
Get an approval decision in minutes.
Receive money the same day.*
*Online approvals before 10:30 AM ET (M-F) are typically funded to your bank account by 5 PM ET same-day. Approvals after 10:30 AM ET are typically funded in the morning the next business day.
Emergency Loan Questions
How can I get an Emergency Loan with bad credit?
Borrowers with bad credit can still get approved for an Emergency Loan from Advance America. We approve borrowers with all types of credit scores, and will consider additional factors like your income and current debts during the approval decision process.
How can I get an Emergency Loan with no credit?
Borrowers can get an Emergency Loan without an established credit history. Since many lenders like Advance America consider factors in addition to your credit score, you can still receive the funds you need with no credit.
How do I apply for an Emergency Loan?
It’s easy to apply for an Emergency Loan from Advance America. Once you’ve chosen which loan is right for your financial situation, you can fill out an online or in-store application in just a few minutes. Provide any personal and financial details needed, including your government-issued ID, proof of income, and bank account number. Once you submit your application, you can get approved for an Emergency Loan in minutes and receive the funds you need as soon as that same day!
How can I get an Emergency Loan Online?
You can get an Advance America Emergency Loan online from the comfort of home. Simply fill out an online application and receive an approval decision from us within minutes.
How can I pay back Emergency Loans?
The repayment plan for your Emergency Loan depends on which loan you’re borrowing. Here’s how repayment for each type of loan works:
- Payday Loan: Your Payday Loan will be due when you get your next paycheck, in two to four weeks. You’ll repay this loan in full.
- Installment Loan: You’ll repay an Installment Loan on your installment due date every month until your loan is paid in full, which can take anywhere from 3 to 36 months.
- Title Loan: You’ll pay off most Title Loans monthly, in accordance with your payment schedule. Terms differ depending on your state.
- Line of Credit: With a Line of Credit, you’ll make payments on your specified pay date.
These payments are typically scheduled as automatic withdrawals from your checking account. Borrowers may have the option to pay off this loan all at once or over time.
Advance America offers online and in-person payment options that can vary by state.
What are the benefits of Emergency Loans?
An emergency loan can serve as a backup plan if you don’t have enough money in your savings to pay for an unexpected cost. Here are some benefits that these types of loans can offer you if you’re facing emergency expenses.
- Flexibility - Emergency loans are flexible and can be used for any unexpected expense, whether you need the funds to pay for a home repair or a rent payment. These types of loans can also come with flexible repayment terms and may give you the option to pay off your loan over a short term or make lower monthly payments over a longer term.
- Easy Application - Applying for an emergency loan is typically a quick and easy process. You can apply for Advance America loans online or in-store depending on your preference and fill out an application in just a few minutes.
- Quick Approval Process - Once you apply for an emergency loan, you may get a decision instantly. Many lenders have a quick approval process, so you won’t have to wait days or weeks to get the funds you need.
- Convenience - Many lenders operate online and allow you to apply for payday loans, installment loans, and other emergency loans from the comfort of your home. An online application eliminates the hassle of going to a bank, credit union, or lending company to get a loan.
When should you use an Emergency Loan?
You may need quick cash for a variety of emergency situations. Many of our customers use Advance America loans for:
- Medical Bills & Expenses - Unexpected illnesses or hospital visits that are not covered by your insurance may require a quick jolt of cash to get you and your family back to full health.
- Home Repairs & Renovations - A washer/dryer or refrigerator replacement, a leaky roof, or a busted boiler may mean that you need an immediate fix that goes beyond your budget.
- Auto & Car - Repairs A breakdown of your car could mean additional days of lost work — so accelerate getting back on the road with a quick loan.
- Rent Payment - When an emergency or crisis prevents you from being able to afford an upcoming rent payment, emergency loans can help you prevent late fees and credit damage from a missed payment.
- Travel Expenses - A sudden trip may arise that demands your presence: a fast loan can cover your hotel stay or plane flight to get you there.
- Lost Valuables - When your computer or laptop is stolen or misplaced, an immediate replacement may mean the difference between returning to work and staying home.
- Pet Care - Expense While we love our pets, we don’t always love the veterinarian costs when our pets fall ill or have an accident. Use an emergency loan to take care of the bill.
- Funeral Costs - The worst-possible scenario means being there to support your loved ones, even when your bank account isn’t prepared.
- Tax Bills - When a change in the tax code trickles down to your paycheck, it can be a budget buster. Keep the IRS at bay with an emergency loan.
- Identity Theft & Fraud - If your credit cards or bank accounts are frozen by fraud, a loan can keep you moving until the problem is resolved.
Which Emergency Loan is right for you?
There are four types of Emergency Loans available from Advance America. The list of these loan types and how they work is highlighted below. Be mindful that the type of loan, loan amount and repayment terms can vary based on your state.
Emergency Loan rates & terms
Advance America offers different loan types to help with your emergency needs. Rates and terms for each loan type are based on state regulations. Finance charges vary by state and by length of loan term the customer selects.
To get examples of the rates and terms in your state for Emergency Loans, click Learn More below.
What do you need to apply for an Emergency Loan?
To apply, you'll need the following items:
- Government issued ID
- Proof of income
- Checking account
- Social Security Number
For a Title Loan, you will need vehicle & title, proof of income and vehicle insurance is required in some states.
Learn more about what is needed in your state.
Proudly serving our customers
Advance America Emergency Loan customer reviews
My visit was fast and easy. Always good service.
The quickness of the loan process to bank deposit. The easiest app I have ever used todate. TerryB 😎
The staff at Advance America has always been courteous, efficient and compassionate. They made me feel like I was someone important and with feelings…
Emergency Loan Payment Questions
How do I pay for my Emergency Loan?
We offer several options to make paying your loan back convenient, including in-person or online payment options (varies by state). Please contact us at your local store or our toll free number (844) 562-6480.
What if I cannot pay or will be late repaying my Emergency Loan?
Advance America will work with you to arrange payments for your Emergency Loan. We're committed to collecting past due accounts in a professional, fair and lawful manner. If you are unable to make your payment on time, please contact us at your local store or our toll free number (844) 562–6480.
Can I pay off my Emergency Loan early?
Yes! Please contact the store where you originated your loan or call (844) 562–6480 to pay off your loan early. Reference your loan agreement for pre-payment terms.