FAQs about our Tax Services
Why should I go to Advance America for Tax Services?
Advance America and eTax Partners make filing taxes easy for you. We prepare and file your returns quickly and accurately. Our stores are open year-round to answer any questions – not just during tax season – and there are no long lines to wait in. Our partner, eTax, has been providing tax services and professionally prepared federal and state tax returns for over 26 years.
How much does it cost to file my taxes at Advance America?
Costs for our certified tax services start at $59 for federal returns and increase based on level of complexity – our average fees are typically lower than companies whose primary business is filing taxes.
How long does it take to get my tax refund?
You can visit a participating Advance America and have your taxes prepared and filed same day. Per the IRS, the majority of electronic filings are processed in 21 days or less.
What do I need to bring to get my taxes done?
- Wage statements (Form W-2) for you and your spouse
- Interest or other income earned statements (Form 1099-DIV or 1099-INT)
- Social Security Number (you, your spouse, children and other dependents)
- Copies of your mortgage statement (Form 1098) if applicable
- Two forms of ID (valid government-issued photo ID and one additional ID)
- Other relevant documents (for example, those showing real estate taxes paid or student loan interest paid, tuition, summary of charitable donations)
Do I need to make an appointment?
Appointments are not required for our tax services. You can contact any of our stores to make an appointment or walk into a store at any time.
How is Advance America connected with eTax Partners?
eTax Partners is a tax preparation service that has provided tax services and professionally prepared federal and state tax returns since 1988. With their experience and ours, you can feel confident filing your taxes with us.