To start your career with Advance America, see what jobs are available in your area.Job Search
About Our Company
Like any entrepreneurial venture, Advance America started as a business enterprise in 1997 to fulfill a marketplace need. In the late 1990s, consumers were feeling the pain of additional banking fees for bounced checks and other services.
Advance America decided to step in to fill the gap and offer a lending alternative outside of what was offered at traditional banks. Thus, the payday loan model was born. This South Carolina - based company provided short-term, unsecured cash advances that are due on the customer’s next payday. This lending model continues today and has helped shift consumer perception of the financial industry and put an emphasis on top notch customer experiences.
We’re Located in Your Backyard
With 2500 locations in the United States, there might just be an Advance America center not very far from you. The good news? Traveling to work might just be cheaper. With this many locations, it also means that if you need to relocate to another city, chances are there is another center for you to transfer.
Advance America sets the industry benchmark for customer experience. Our centers resemble a financial services institution. They are professional, modern, and inviting. We seek to integrate our centers into a community’s most vibrant retail developments, often in popular shopping areas near large nationally-known anchor stores.
Home is where the heart is, and our corporate office is located in the heart of downtown Spartanburg, South Carolina. Since 2001, our corporate office has housed a variety of functional areas assembled to provide support to operations.
The Reason: Our Customers
Our customers are our neighbors - including teachers, nurses, bus drivers, first responders. They understand and appreciate the services we offer, and the convenience and professionalism of our centers. In fact, 97% rate their experience with Advance America as good or excellent and 93% say they will consider us again in the future.
A good culture is the result of how a group of people, whether living or working together, lives by their core values. At Advance America, the foundation of our culture is respect.
Respect Your Customers: Treat them with dignity and courtesy at all times.
Respect Your Associates: Treat them as you would like to be treated.
Respect Yourself: Work hard and use good, ethical judgment in everything you do.
Respect the Law: It is there to protect us and our customers.
Respect for our employees and customers means to give back to the communities where they live. With the motivation and dedication of our employees, Advance America supports more than one hundred organizations with grants, scholarships, and contributions towards efforts like blood drives, food banks, backpack drives and financial literacy. To see examples of the community outreach passionately driven by our employees, view it here.
As a large organization, we draw on the strength of our entire family of associates. That strength typically comes from the experience of our employees coming from diverse cultures and lifestyles. The continued success of Advance America is the result of our passion to bring together a group of people, from all generations, ethnicities, lifestyles, and professional upbringing, and create a cohesive and productive unit. Our leadership team understands that a diverse and passionate team ensures we can meet the needs of our diverse customers. Maintaining such a team is a priority for Advance America.
Advance America offers competitive Health & Welfare Benefits as well as Work/Life Benefits as part of our total compensation package.
Health & Welfare Benefits
When you’re healthy, you’re able to perform at your very best. Advance America provides a wide range of health benefits to ensure our employees - our most important asset - have both the prevention and coverage programs they need.
Advance America offers a choice of high-quality medical plans to employees and their dependents. Medical plan enrollment automatically includes prescription drug benefits.
Dental & Vision Plans
Competitive dental and vision plan coverage is available.
Tax-Advantaged Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account (HSA) for eligible medical, dental and vision expenses if enrolled in a qualified medical plan.
- Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for eligible medical, dental and vision expenses, allowing savings of up to $2,600 per year.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for eligible childcare and elder care expenses, allowing savings of up to $5,000 per year.
Life and Disability Insurance
Advance America provides income protection and peace of mind to our employees and their families through a range of company-paid and voluntary life and disability insurance programs, including basic and supplemental life insurance, accident insurance and short- and long-term disability benefits.
Employee Assistance Program
Advance America’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is an important support resource that provides information, consultation, and referrals on a wide variety of subjects, including family and child relationship support services, elder care services, and support services for chronic conditions. The EAP provides the expertise and resources to deal with everything from the demands of day-to-day life to major life events. Our EAP also provides a confidential assessment and referral service that connects employees and their families with experienced counseling professionals for help with personal problems, including stress management, and legal or financial consultations.
Advance America is committed to supporting the professional development of our employees. Whether participating in training related to a current position or learning the skills needed for career advancement, the Tuition Reimbursement Program can help by providing reimbursement of tuition fees for approved coursework.
As an Advance America employee you have access to a wide variety of discount programs with such companies as AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Working Advantage and others.
Our employees lead busy lives, managing work, family needs and personal activities. Following are some of the resources we offer to help support the many endeavors of Advance America employees.
- Step 1: Connect with our recruiters by joining our Talent Community. Click here to connect now!
- Step 2: Once you identify an opportunity of interest, we invite you to submit your profile online. Following your submittal, either an HR resource or a member of our management team will review your background against the requirements of the role to determine if there is a good fit.
- Step 3: If you are a selected candidate, a member of our hiring team will contact you to set up a phone screen or in person interview.
- Step 4: We take several items into account to determine which candidates will have the best potential of being successful in our organization. This includes educational preparation, past work experiences, and how the candidate presents him/herself on the phone and in person. It also includes an evaluation of candidate on the required competencies for the position. This is typically assessed during the entire interview process.
- Step 5: Our team works hard to ensure the right hiring decision is made for you and Advance America. Offers are extended verbally, with a follow-up in writing. Once you have accepted an offer, you will receive additional details about how to become an Advance America team member.
Our team members are out and about in various networks, communities and campuses simply looking for bright people to join our team. We may find you when you are least expecting it! If you are seeking information about us, check out the following:
- Advance America Website: To review the most current open positions, please visit our Job Search page here.
- External Job Boards: You can find us on major job posting boards, such as CareerBuilder, Snag-a-Job, and Indeed. We work closely with selected job boards to ensure they have all the information needed to represent Advance America.
- Facebook: Be sure to "like" our Facebook page and visit our Culture tab to learn more about our positions and culture.
Consider the following when developing your resume, so you have the best opportunity to be considered.
- Position the most relevant points first where they are most apt to be read.
- Highlight your strengths that are most relevant to the specific job opportunity and role.
- Use action words that will make your resume stand out.
- Call attention to your achievements by including results and supporting data, instead of a lengthy list of responsibilities.
- Your main selling points of yourself should be clear and easy to read.
- Use bullet points with short sentences to structure the body of your resume.
- The font size should be no smaller than 10 point and the length (in general) should not exceed 2 pages.
- Update your resume frequently to ensure the most recent accomplishments are captured.
During your interview, you will be asked to provide specific examples of your educational and professional achievements that are aligned with the position you are interviewing for. Here are a few helpful tips:
- Be Yourself: Not everyone is a fit for every work environment. This is why the overall fit between you and the organization is so important. The interview will give us both a chance to examine this fit to help ensure a successful, long term relationship. The interview will be most effective if you are yourself, speak with truth and show your personality.
- Dress to Impress: The first impression is a lasting impression, so select carefully to what you wear to the in person interview. Professionalism is important at Advance America, so showing up in shorts and flip flops probably won’t get you the job! We also do not permit visible tattoos or body piercings (other than the ear) so be aware of this when you meet our team in person. Take the eyebrow ring out and put a skin colored band aid on the tattoo, or wear long sleeves! We want to see how you will be presenting yourself to our customers so show us your best.
- Know Our Business: We will expect you to know a little bit about our company, and even the industry. So do a little homework! This will help you make a good decision. A great place to start is our website www.advanceamerica.net. Additionally, the Community Financial Services Association of America is an organization dedicated to responsible lending practices. www.cfsaa.com.
- Display a Passion: Passion is one characteristic that makes our employees successful. Not just for our products and customers, but a passion for learning, growing and winning! Bring your competitive passion to the interview and tell us why we should hire you.
- Interview Us: You are in the process of making a decision that will impact your career. It will also be where you will spend much of your time in the years to come. Take this opportunity to ask questions about Advance America, what your interviewer enjoys about working here, and how we impact our customers lives each day. Ask us questions that are important to you.
- Leave the Door Open: Sometimes it doesn’t work out and sometimes the timing isn’t quite right. But regardless of whether you receive an offer of employment or whether you accept one, use this as an opportunity to build a relationship with our Company. You will meet some of the best leaders in the industry during your interview process to expand your professional network. You never know down the road where it might lead to.
- Do you have any open positions in my area?
- We have locations across the country. Click here to see if there are open positions near you.
- How am I contacted after I apply for a position?
- Once a team member has reviewed your resume and considers you a good fit for the open position, he/she will reach out to you via email or phone to let you know the next steps. If you aren’t a fit or we have stronger candidates, you may receive an email informing you we’ve moved forward with other candidates. We try to do this as much as possible so you know your standing.
- Can I submit my resume without applying for a position?
- Yes. Your resume and profile will be saved in our system and will be available to HR and hiring managers to view.
- How often can I update my profile?
- Do you require a drug screen?
- Yes we do. For the safety of customers and employees, it is important that we have a drug free workplace.
- Why are jobs still open, yet I still have not been contacted?
- Our hiring managers sometimes have generic positions that remain open at all times to keep a steady stream of applicants. These applicants are constantly reviewed. When a position becomes open in that area, the hiring manager will then refer to this pool of applicants to begin the recruiting process.
- How can I get technical assistance?
- We only respond to technical questions such as login credentials and technical issues with applying. Email email@example.com for technical support.
- Does Advance America work with Third-Party Staffing Agencies?
- Please refer to our Temporary and Third-Party Staffing Agency Policy.
- Do you have any open positions in my area?
Advance America does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, citizenship or any legally protected category in connection with any phase of the employment process, including, but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, termination, compensation, training and benefits. It is also the practice and policy of Advance America to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.